Sit back and enjoy,
ADVANCED HORSESHOEING AND BLACKSMITHING
You will receive twice the benefit of the Professional Horseshoeing Course. From week one to week eight, you will achieve the professional level. Once a professional, you can increase your skill twice as far in weeks nine through twelve. This course will teach you everything you can learn in horseshoeing school. Free dormitory.
In addition, you will learn the skills of the equine dental technician. You will learn to float teeth and extract wolf teeth. These are all skills that you can use to improve your earnings per stop.
Shop tasks have been selected to provide each student with the skills needed to shoe any horse in any area of the world. The student will complete handmade shoes using bar stock. The instructors are qualified to teach you all the forge skills you may need. If you need to stress a particular type of shoeing for your area, please bring this to the attention of your instructor.
Upon graduation from the Advanced Horseshoeing and Blacksmithing Course, your skills, technique and efficiency will be refined to a level that will give you a competitive edge.
LENGTH: 12 WEEKS (648 hours of instruction) 15% classroom, 85% hands-on-work
CLASS DATES: A new class begins every Monday throughout the year
SCHEDULE: Monday though Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Your dormitory room is free while you are a student at Oklahoma Horseshoeing School.
Lectures, and Demonstrations: (108 hours)
- Basic and Advanced Anatomy
- Basic and Advanced Theory of Specialty Shoeing
- Basic and Advanced Theory of Race Plating
- Basic and Advanced Theory of Corrective Shoeing
- Basic and Advanced Theory of Therapeutic Shoeing
- How to start and Run your Own Business
Horseshoeing & Blacksmithing: (524 hours)
- Basic Horseshoeing
- Race Plating
- Hot Shoeing
- Shoeing with handmade shoes for normal horses
- Basic and Advanced Performance Horseshoeing with handmade shoes
- Basic and Advanced Corrective shoeing with handmade shoes
- Advanced Specialty Techniques
- Improving Speed and Efficiency at shoeing all types of horses with factory and handmade shoes
- Shoe with handmade shoes as required to pass even the most difficult of pari-mutual license examinations
- Specific skills needed to pass the certification tests of the national farriers associations at the journeyman level
Equine Dental Technology (16 hours)
- Floating teeth
- Extracting wolf teeth
REQUIRED SUPPLIES FOR THE ADVANCED HORSESHOEING & BLACKSMITHING COURSE: Students must have hand tools, text book and manual. The required hand tools and text are itemized in 12-week Required Tools. If you already have tools of your own you may bring them. If not then PLEASE buy your tools from us here in our office. The reason we ask this is that we have found that almost all of the students who buy their tools elsewhere end up buying the wrong tools to the extent that they are not even usable, leaving them having to purchase new tools anyway. We do have economy brand tools as well as the very best tools, and all are at very competitive prices. You will be given your course manual when you arrive at school.
The Tool List is in Adobe PDF format. You can obtain the Adobe Reader free of charge at: Adobe.com
Please un-check the anti-virus offer prior download if you already have an antivirus program installed.
Student loans available to those who qualify.
Oklahoma Horseshoeing School
26446 Horseshoe Circle
Purcell, Oklahoma 73080